Wednesday, October 10, 2012

KCWC - Day three

So I have had a few moments of wondering whether or not I would be able to complete KCWC, especially when my efforts to resolve my sewing machine issues were fruitless.  Feeling frustrated, but determined, I ended up do a bit of hand-stitching last night.  And then, around 10pm, I had a lightbulb moment - rethreaded my bobbin, and huzzah!  I was able to finish the raglan top!  Hoping that tonight's sewing is smooth-sailing, because I could definitely deal with a less frustrating evening of sewing (particularly as the evenings are my 'relaxing' time...).

These short leggings (otherwise known as bike pants - hello 90's!) were much more challenging than I'd hoped they would be, I have made many little adaptions and alterations - all for such a simple pair of shorts.  Hmm.  Totes not worth the effort.  They look kinda cute, but they're baggy in the crotch and I fear they will just end up being playcentre shorts. 

I cut up an old tee-shirt to make these, used a strip of yellow from another repurposed tee, and some felt from my stash.  So at least they were free...  The rest of her outfit: Short-sleeved shirt by Clare of Green Valley Crafts (who is also taking part in this challenge, go check her out!), hoodie by Kristin of Hello Fallow.

This second pair of shorts were pimpsqueaks.  I just shortened a pair of trackpants that she was about to outgrow, and added a little patch from some Babushka fabric.  Easy, comfy and cute.  She peed in them straightaway.  Life.


 Cute tee by Kristin of Hello Fallow

And the raglan... Damn, I had so hoped that this would turn out perfect.  It is to be part of her birthday outfit, and I used half a fat quarter of precious Spoonflower fabric to make it.  Perfect it is not, but I think it will be okay.  I still love the fabrics that I used, even if one sleeve is a bit longer than the other (I strategically photographed it so that you wouldn't notice, but now I've blown it by telling you)...

 Fabric - from Spoonflower and thrift stores.  Total cost, approx. $10

I'm hoping to start on a circus inspired birthday skirt tonight.  I'm excited/daunted by the idea I have in mind...

Joining in with KCWC

8 comments:

  1. Great stuff!!! I love it all!
    That spoonflower fabric is great xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, I loooooove spoonflower and all that beauteous fabric...

      Delete
  2. you are making great progress on the challenge - nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's fun - though I think I'll be relieved when it's over!

      Delete
  3. All looks awesome! Eleanor has one stylie wardrobe - Lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw thanks! Same goes for your kiddos and their amazing gears!

      Delete
  4. It all looks super cool! I love both pairs of shorts :) I can't believe how big E is looking! She's shot up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I keep looking at these pics and thinking the same thing... A bit scary how quick they grow up, but that's life...

      Delete