Sunday, November 11, 2012

Summer begins


I am annoyingly Pollyanna-y sometimes, and the start of summer always brings this tendency out in me.  It's that butterfly-out-of-its-cocoon feeling, the freedom and outdoorsyness of summer.  Our little house wraps us up warm and tight so that we can almost forget that there is anything else outside our grounds, but I can tell you that the minute we hop into our little car and arrive at the bottom of our driveway, with the sand-dune-ocean-blue vista laid out before us, my grateful, I'm-so-glad-we-live-here sighs are audible.


After an intense Playcentre session last week, we were in need of a little respite - so we headed to my papa's house where we could abandon cares and tears-over-fought-for-toys, and let the sun melt our SAD (in which case I am referring to Seasonal Affective Disorder).  Sheep, Manuka flowers, and relics from the past.  


I'm definitely a summer kinda girl.  Especially a Northland summer.  Just saying.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I love manuka. I definitely know what you mean about those first summer days, you feel all fresh and new again. Of course, by December I'm usually complaining like Eeyore about the damn heat... There's no pleasing some people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos from awesome surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Northland Summer???
    Gorgeous photos ahhhhhhh the green the sun oh I hear you re SAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Pa's place looks heavenly. In fact, you and Dee both have me wanting to head North.. darnit! If only..

    ReplyDelete