Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Advent Ideas: Day 21 - Christmas Party

We are so lucky to live where we live.  Having a woodland area on our own property is such a treat for us (having previously survived with the tiniest backyard known to mankind).  I have been wanting to host a little woodland party for a while now, and I found it to be the perfect location for a small Christmas party.  Thanks to my sponsor, Pop Roc Parties, I was able to add some gorgeous little touches to this party that made it extra special (those Birch Straws stole my heart). I made all the food the night before, barring the sandwiches which I prepared in the morning.  It required very little set up, and we were ready for our guests long before they arrived.  After the party, the children exchanged Christmas gifts with each other, taking them home to open.  














Details:

Food - Milk in bottles, Chocolate Wreaths, Snowman Sandwiches, Christmas Puddings, Snowpeas (brought by a friend) & strawberries.

Games - Find The Candy Canes.  Zan hid these candy cane sticks in the trees, and the kiddos searched for them.  They also shared Christmas crackers after they'd eaten.

Decorations - Wreath c/o Pop Roc Parties.  Deer & Christmas Tree Toppers made into a snow globe, using this Christmas Snow Powder c/o Pop Roc Parties (the globe was part of the packaging from a gift E received recently.  Never throw away curved plastic ;-)).  Birch straws c/o Pop Roc Parties.  Mini Milk Bottles c/o Pop Roc Parties.  Thrifted tablecloth.  Table and toadstools belonging to Eleanor.  Handmade stool via my childhood.


I took more pictures on my sister's camera, which included our third guest (this guy), but we haven't yet swapped them over...  I may share them here soon.

23 comments:

  1. Such stunning Photo's and setup!! And that miss three what a stunner!! Soz we were late. Love to see pics of Cam maybe Rosa could just email to me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I want to see the other photos too! Plus they are on her fancy camera too so they will look good! I'll do a part 2 when I get them x

      Delete
  2. Adorable.....a small ones dream come true! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable is the word! what a dreamy party and a dreamy setting, i bet the kids loved it. the stools are ace and those biccies on the straw look scrumptious x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Max! Yes, the setting is just perfect for parties like this...

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Stella and I love Eleanors dress! Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! A thrifted find. Lucky me!

      Delete
  5. that forest glade was MADE for this party, soooo gorgeous, and I love the quality of the photos, very very very sweet. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SLLG, I agree - the glade was purpose built for this! :-)

      Delete
  6. Oh man. I'm not super into Christmas festivities but this is super amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I will win you over to the dark/twinkly side?

      Delete
  7. I'm with Manda - total bah humbug-er over here.. but this is ridic. amazing. Holy hannah, woman!? This, too, needs to be in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R! It was ridic easy too, in the end!

      Delete
  8. This is the cutest little tea party.
    Your cat wants to get in on the fun too.
    Eleanor looks very grown up with her hair up in a ponytail.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tibby followed us everywhere and was very eager to be part of the action! And yes, she is starting to look like a big kid now x

      Delete
  9. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that was a good ah)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowee! I just want to jump into that little woodland and join in the fun! Beautiful, beautiful, stunning!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This whole post is GORGEOUS! I just wanna hop in there too! Those photos are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning. Whimsical. Magical.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of you parties are so magical! Makes me wish I was turning 5 instead of 15. I'm planning my birthday party with a friend who shares my birthday...I wanted to have a fairy theme but she thinks we're too old for that. Oh well. I'll plan my own Sweet Sixteen next year and THEN it can be as magical and "childish" as I want.

    Enough about me. I love this blog to pieces. And this party. Toadstool chairs. Birch straws. It's all perfection.

    ReplyDelete