1. Nightscape 2. Lobby art 3. Lobby chandelier
4. Reception 5. Checking out that view 6. Surrounding buildings 7. Lobby floor 8. Morning light
Initially we were booked into interconnecting rooms, but in the end my preference turned out to be a double queen. Honestly, the kids were asleep about 2 seconds after we got in (from watching the Harlem Globetrotters- more on them soon). I was feeling a tiny bit overwhelmed by c i t y, and there was a snugness and security to staying all together in the same room. It's nice to know that both alternatives are perfectly workable, that interconnecting rooms are not a must. You know, for my fantasy trip to Italy, of course...
I also have a hotel bathroom hot tip for y'all! - - > use the complimentary liquid soap (shower/bath gel works just as well) to make a bubble bath! We all know that if you take those complimentary toiletries home you're never gonna use them, so you might as well make good use of them while you're there!
9. Nightstand 10. Cityscape 11. Bathroom 12. R & R 13. Nightscape 14. Bed 15. Complimentaries 16.Morning Paper
If you are happy to sign up for IHG membership (it's free!) there is complimentary wifi for your stay, as well as free late check out. Boom! We ended up checking out at the normal time, but knowing we had an extra hour up our sleeves was a massive stress-reducer. There are other benefits to joining too, just fyi.
They have free sky channels as well as pay-per-view new release movies, which we would totally have taken advantage off except that we fell asleep as SOON as our heads hit those pillows.
Their fully equipped gym is open 24hours and if you're super lucky, you could even bump into a sporting star while you're in there. Just sayin' (there were three sports teams staying at the same time as us, including two of the FIFA U-20 teams, and the Crusaders... yeah).
17. Lobby 18. Front entrance 19. Pen 20. Nightscape 21. Front entrance 22. Morning view 23. Dude
The Service: Crowne Plaza really stood out in terms of customer service. Their staff were so friendly, accommodating and helpful, which made everything about this stay really pleasant. Every single interaction was warm - even when I had a *tiny* anxiety attack and asked for a lower room, they were super gracious about the whole thing, carrying bags, dropping off extra amenities and checking that we were still really happy with our rooms. We felt as though the staff were always happy to go the extra mile to ensure that we had the best possible stay, which is such a comforting feeling when you are away from home, with all your familiar comforts out of reach.
24. Elevator floor 25. Wellesley St 26. Front entrance 27. Giapo (on Queen) 28. Superior room 29. Remedy Coffee 30. After hours entrance (via Eliot St)
31. Wellesley St 32. Autumn leaves 33. Nightscape (Albert St) 34. Hotel hallway 35. Wellesley St 36. Hotel Lobby 37. Aria Cafe 38. Aotea at night 39. Autumn on Wellesley 40. Eliot St
Sidenote // elevators are not my favourite, especially when my three-year-old travel buddy acts like a maniac as soon as that little button dings - but the elevators at Crowne Plaza occasionally host sporting celebs, including the odd one or two I've actually heard of. So you know, keep an eye out. If you follow me on instagram you would've seen my stalkergram already.... Yeah... I forgive you, elevators... // as you were.
41. Wellesley St Barista 42. Hotel lobby 43. Traffic watching 44. Starks 45. Autumn on Wellesley 46. Breakfast at Aria 47. Nightscape 48. Hotel lobby 49. Front entrance