Thursday, April 20, 2017

Book Review :: Raymond by Yann and Gwendal Le Bec

Raymond - by Yann and Gwendal Le Bec


"This is the story of Raymond – an ordinary dog who, for a while, lives an extraordinary life."

Most fun book!  The illustrations are 👌👌.  The cover is 😍.  I flippin' love it!

At first I incorrectly assumed the kids weren't as into it as me.  From our box of delicious Walker books they each had an instant fave, and the others weren't getting as much read-time.  However, when I sat down to read it with them, they both warned me it was funny.  "He just really had to get that ball," Eleanor said.  I thought the humour would kinda go over their heads and some of it definitely did, but overall it was a fun read for everyone.  Yuss!

Raymond is the work of a brotherly team, hailing from France.  Gwendal's illustrations have graced the pages of The New Yorker, and I'm picking that this book will be displayed on many a pretty NY bookshelf (helloooo, Pinterest).  The book's message is very apt, and I loved the turn it took.  Raymond, so taking your message to heart.

Raymond is due for release on May 1st, so keep your eyes peeled.  Meanwhile I'm trying to work out how I can build one of those little floating shelves so I can display this pretty cover!  I'm not much of a handyman, so it could go either way 😕  but I'm also a huge procrastinator, so my walls are probably safe...

Review copy kindly sent to us by Walker Books Aus

1 comment: